Need HELP ?
We hope you won't need to come here but these are
some common questions people ask:
Smartphone / Tablet : I can't find the list of seeds?
Click on the menu icon at the top left:
Checkout: It won't accept my email address!
The cart does minimal checking on the email address:
- It needs to not start with a space (a common error)
- it must have at least one dot in it
- it must have an @ symbol in it
We see 2 common problems:
1) Your device auto-fills the 'email' field but not the 'confirm email' field & you don't notice.
2) Or your device autofills the email field with PART of your email address (email@example.com instead of firstname.lastname@example.org)
AND puts a space on the end so when you type the missing ".uk" there is a space in the middle of the email address.
If you have with different text in the two email fields it will not let you check out.
(The auto-fill thing is nothing to do with us, its a thing your device or browser is doing, and is outside our control.)
Checkout: I get an internal server error
This is a problem with your browser talking to the 3D-Secure system provided by your bank.
The best fix is to use a different browser, or to clear your browser cache (here for instructions)
Security: Do you keep a copy of my card details?
No, never. We don't ever see your card details. We just get a credit to our bank account, plus an email saying what you ordered.
Your card details are only ever in the hands of the card processor - SagePay - and not us.
AAAAAAARGH! It just won't accept my **@@*! credit card!
We're really sorry. It's absolutely infuriating, we know. Firstly, know that the cart system is really reliable and is provided by a huge company that services thousand of shops; it is almost certainly a problem at your end. Possible reasons:
- The billing address you gave is not exactly the same address the card is registered at. They do now check, every time, that it matches.
- If you're living abroad it stops working. Especially if you have a UK bank-card registered to your foreign address.
- The most successful way is to use a card from a bank in the country you're living in - basically the order , billing , and bank address all need to be in the same country.
What to do?
- If you have one, try another card.
- Please do not keep trying and trying. You can end up placing multiple orders. If you think you might have done this, email to check & we'll sort it. We can refund any mistaken payments even several days later, so don't panic.
- Restart your computer/phone first. This often fixes it.
- Try again on a different device. If none of that works, then it might just be an problem with the card processing company. As they do the vast majority of the UK's card, they will get it fixed asap, and you should try again the next day.
I placed an order OK but realised afterwards I put in my old address.
We can only send the seeds to the address you tell us about! If you've just realised you've asked for them to go to the wrong place email or call us QUICKLY before we send them out.
Problems with the Seeds (we really hope you won't need this bit)
Where are my seeds? I ordered X days ago and they're not here!
You should almost always
get your seeds within 10 working days. Several things can go wrong:
-Things get lost occasionally in the post.
-People think they have ordered online but actually gave up before confirming the payment. If you completed checkout you will get an email copy of the order!
- Very very occasionally the shopping cart system can get stuck & forget to tell us about your order (five people out of 40,000 last year)
Please email us and we'll do our best to find
out what is happening.
Lost & confused orders are replaced ASAP
I got my order thanks but somethings wrong with it.
We're really sorry. We pack them all very carefully by hand but with 3 people sending out 20,000 packets a week its inevitable that sometimes we'll put in the wrong thing by mistake. Email and we'll sort it out straight away. Include your name, delivery address, and order number.
I planted my seeds but am not happy with how they grew/tasted/looked
We will of course replace or refund . Please email us & we'll sort it out.
We know our seeds should be the best and if something has gone wrong we'll fix it.